DOMINION MANDATE DAILY DEVOTIONAL
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, 2020
RECONCILE THEIR HEARTS UNTO GOD
BIBLE READING: MATTHEW 13
Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Prov 4:23 (NIV).
In interceding for an unbeliever to come to Christ, the other condition you must deal with is the issue of spiritual blindness which lies in their heart. Paul speaking in 2 Cor. 4:3-4 (KJV) says; “But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
The unbeliever is in a state of spiritual blindness and therefore cannot see or perceive what you see or understand whatever you are saying. Notice Paul said their heart is blinded not necessarily their eyes. This is because the heart is the seat of spiritual understanding. You listen with your ear and look with your eyes but most times understanding determines what you hear while listening and what you see while looking. In performing your priestly ministry of reconciling men unto God, learn to target their heart and its condition in prayers.
The other critical factor that is like this is the issue of a stony heart. Ezekiel 35:26(KJV); “A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.” The unbeliever still has the heart of stone according to God. This stony heart is a rebellious heart. Just like a stone is not malleable or bendable so is the heart of an unbeliever; it is set in its own ways. You must trust God to carry out the first circumcision which is the replacement of the stony heart with that of flesh.
The spiritual heart is the core and center of human life just as the biological heart is what holds the entire human body systems together; pumping blood all over the body for every purpose and sustaining life. For a person to be properly reconciled to God, their heart must be touched.
The first conversion that took place at Pentecost was a product of hearts that were touched as they listened to Peter preach on that fateful day. Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Acts 2:37(KJV).
Consistently and intentionally target the heart of men in prayers and God will draw them unto Himself.
Put to practice what you just learnt over the souls of men and women you have been believing and desiring would come to Christ.
• Thank God for the gift of salvation.
• Come boldly into His presence by the blood of Jesus Christ and ask and receive forgiveness from your sins.
• Pray for the will of God to be done today, on earth as it is Heaven.
• Pray for the leadership of your nation and everyone in authority over you.
• Pray for your unsaved loved ones; Father, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I break the power of the devil over the life of (mention the persons by name) so that they receive their salvation which has already been paid for by the blood of Jesus Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
• Make your other requests to God.
• Thank God for hearing and answering your prayers.