DOMINION MANDATE DAILY DEVOTIONAL
WEDNESDAY, MAY 26, 2021
SONS ARE THE KEY TO THE FATHER’S REST
BIBLE READING: PHILIPPIANS 2:19-22; PSALM 144:12-13
Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them; they shall not be ashamed, but shall speak with their enemies in the gate. (Psalm 127:5)
Sons are burden bearers and sons of consolation to their father. The key to rest in ministry is raising sons and daughters. The greatest blessing a father can have is the blessing of true sons. They are the ones who give you rest in ministry, family, business etc. God builds through the principle of the Father-Son Order.
How to Know a True Son; Sons of Consolation
• A true son prays for his father.
• True sons are committed to the mission of their father. Luke 2:49 says, And He said to them, “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s Business?”
• True sons protect their father (see 2Sam. 21:15-17). You see, fathers might not be right but it is the job of sons to defend them nevertheless. This was the mistake of Ham that cost him dearly and unleashed a generational curse on him for exposing his father’s nakedness (see Gen 9:20-27). The weakness of the fathers are traps to some foolish children of God. The Spirit of God will never move you to speak against your father but rather towards reconciling the heart of fathers to the sons lest God will smite the earth with a curse (see Mal.4:5-6). When sons uncover the nakedness of their father, the consequences are usually generational. The womb that brought you into this world can also send you into your tomb before your time if you dishonour your father.
• True sons look for ways to serve their father and make things easier for him, hence they are called burden bearers. In other words, they take responsibility in their father’s house (Luke 2:49).
• Finally, a true son honours his father not just in words but in action (see Mal.1:6; Prov. 3:9-10). Honour is worth and manifest esteem which begins with reverence in our hearts to tangible material sacrificial giving.
Ask God to make you a true son in your father’s house, both spiritual and natural, so that the mandate/mantle of your father will rest upon you to take you further into your inheritance in Christ Jesus.