DOMINION MANDATE DAILY DEVOTIONAL
FRIDAY, JULY 2, 2021
THE GENERAL MINISTRY OF ALL BELIEVERS
BIBLE READING: REVELATION 5:9-10; EXODUS 19:5-6; EPHESIANS 4:12
“But you are a Chosen Generation, a Royal Priesthood, a Holy Nation, His Own Special People, that you may proclaim the Praises of Him Who called you out of darkness into His Marvelous Light.” 1Peter 2:9 (NKJV)
Every believer is called by God. In fact, the process of becoming born again often involves answering an Altar Call (see Matt.11:28). Simply put, the Lord God Almighty never calls a person He doesn’t value or need. The Call to ministry is an inclusive one whereby every Christian has a general role to play.
The Scripture makes it clear that the Lord Jesus Christ “has made us kings and priests to His God and Father… (Rev.1:6a). In other words, every believer is both a priest and a king. Priests serve or MINISTER in the Temple while kings ADMINISTER in the Marketplace. Though each believer has a specific area of specialization, there is a general ministry of all believers which includes the following:
1. The Call to Worship (Jn.4:23-24): Some believers are called to the ministry of worship where they lead others in worship.
2. The Call to Prayer (Isa.56:7b):
Prayer is communion with God which is the prerogative of every believer.
3. The Call to Soul Winning (2Cor.5:18-20): Every believer is called to be a Gospel Bridge between man and God, reconciling both with each other.
4. The Call to Giving (2Cor.9:6-15): Every believer has a responsibility to give towards the Kingdom of God with the Tithe being the ABC of giving.
5. The Call to Service (Ex.8:1): Every believer was saved to serve.
6. The Call to Heal the sick (Mk.16:18b): Every believer is called to exercise authority over sicknesses and diseases.
7. The Call to Cast out devils:(Mk.16:17a): Exorcism is not the exclusive right of a selected few but is the responsibility of every believer.
In conclusion, the Lord Jesus has the Responsibility of sitting down at the Right Hand of God the Father until He makes His enemies His Footstool (see Ps.110:1). This will be accomplished through the Church, the General Body of Christ fulfilling the General Ministry of all believers.
Heavenly Father, to You alone we ascribe all the Adoration, Glory and Honour. Help us, O Lord, to take our rightful place as believers and fulfill our general calling in Jesus’ Mighty Name. Amen.